Proud to be an Indiblogger

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

ONV Kurup song

Today is the birthday of reknowned malayalam poet Sri ONV Kurup
Among his many sweet film songs  I like this as one of the best
this is a humble attempt to translate this song as a tribute to this great artiste


you tube link below

https://youtu.be/WetR5SlPTnc


Vaadil Pazhuthiloden munnil kunkumam
Vaari vitharum thrisanhya polle
Adhilomen idanazhiyil nin kala madhuramam kaalocha polle
madhuramam kaalocha polle


like the dusk that spreads vermillon powder through the  door slit at me
 the sweet sound of your footsteps heard in my corridor
the sweet sound of your footsteps

Hridayathin thanthriyil aaro viral thodum
mridhulamam niswanam polle
illakali jalakanam ittu veezhum polle
uyiril amrutham thelichapolle
tharala vilolam nin kalocha kettu njaan
ariyathe kori tharichu poyi
ariyathe kori tharichu poyi

like someones  finger strumming on the strings of my heart
like a drop of water falling  on a leaf
like my soul getting  sprinkled by the nectar of love
i heard your footsteps
and
lost myself without knowing to escstasy
lost myself without knowing to esctasy

vaadhil .....


Himabindhu mughapadam chartiya poovinne
madhukaram nugarate uzharum pole
ariya nin kalocha cholliya manthratin
porulariyathe njaan ninnu
nizhalugal kala mezhuthunoren munnil
mattoru sandhyayayi nee vannu
mattoru sandhayayi nee vannu

like a honey bee stranded in a flower in the snow
i was absorbed by the magic of your footsteps
and like the shadows drawing patterns
you came to me as another dusk
you came to me as another dusk

https://youtu.be/WetR5SlPTnc

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive