Proud to be an Indiblogger

Friday, November 10, 2017

The Lady with the hood

The lady with the hood ......








The dusk had fallen
The moon peeped through the white domes of the magnificient Sheikh Zayed mosque in Abu Dhabi
I quickened my pace to catch a glimpse of an etheral beauty in black purdah !
The cold of the desert on a december evening was felt in my bones ....
There was a sretch of fine sand I had to cross to reach the milling crowds , but by then the damsel had melded into them , disappearing like a mirage in the desert .
I waived my way through jostling the crowd to angry stares !!
No i cant miss her again !

It was my soul that was calling me not my mind for I was numb for long .
The long lines parted .
The sombre altar of spirituality was serene in its peace .
The marble reflected the purity of divinity .
There was an aura of inner solace undescribed in the bowels of the monument .
The whispering shuffle of foots on the Iranian carpets hardly broke the sepulchural silence .
The kaleidoscopy of the chandeliers reflected the multiplicity of humans milling below .
Where can I search for the elusive her in this hall of mirrors ?
It was like in a dream
The fog of time crept into eternity .
Awareness extended to infinity
I was lost in a trance .
I walked away
I came to stand in the moonlight .
For a change I was alone far from the crowd inside the mosque .
The dew of the grass touched my bare foot
It cooled my insides
I wanted to lie down
When I felt a presence
I knew who it was
It was her standing before me the veil removed with a beatific smile on her face !
We walked out our hands interwined gazing into the moonlight and dissapeared into the darkness .
( actually me and premila had visited Sheik zayed mosque in Abudhabi and she had to wear the Abhaya ..
.I saw this photo now and spun this story to bore you all )

1 comment:

Meera's World said...

And you did a good job in that:) not in boring but in making us believe u r talking about someone else 😂

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive