Proud to be an Indiblogger

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Retrospection before 60

Birthdays are time to retrospect .
To turn back and look at the path one had come .
At times I still feel Iam that boy in half trousers utterly in grief at ten years as I looked at my departed dads body before consecrating him to eternity .

Those days are as fresh to me almost five decades after .

Its like the mind keeps photographic milestones never to be erased .

The next milestone is the day a group of friends trooped home to tell me  " wake up you idiot you got into medical college."
.well that moment was indeed a milestone for a boy who had no father to tend him but a mother who made it up and more and it was a in a sense a payback to her grit to get a seat in a government medical college by merit .

 I can still see the glow in my mothers eyes on that day now .

The next milestone was January second of a new year when I moved into third MBBS  the day I carried a stethescope for the first time into Royapettah Govt hospital for my Medicine postings .

The next milestone before I passed out of final year was to get an yes from my life partner my junior in Kilpauk medical college to my question whether she would become my woman and 35 years later that day is as fresh as dew to me .

The milestones of my childrens birth were of joy and also grief when we knew our first daughter was a special child but its she who would open us up and make us come out of our smallness .

Every single day of her 11 short years are etched as lessons in our mind on selfless innocence and love with no strings attached .

The day she left us on December 1st is not only a milestone but a remembrance in silence for the  posterity of a soul unsurpassed .

The happier days when my second daughter and son were born ,thier achievments ,thier goods and bads ,all milestones like in every mans life .

And now as I stand in the brink of fifties looking at sixty I am thankful and full of gratitude for the good I recieved 
For the friends and family i have !

For the experience from the bad and the sad I went through .

 And pray that the remaining years continue in benign non event and good cheer till the day I depart this illusion of a life .


No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive