Proud to be an Indiblogger

Thursday, October 12, 2017

Eating the cake at 59 years

Eating the cake at 59...Enlightment

There was a time when I was in my teens the late fifties looked so distant and daunting .
Now crossing the distant  milestone  of 58 and venturing bravely into 59 enroute to the 6th decade there is not much difference .
Of course one unwelcome protruberance that grew uninterrupted in the middle regions of my anatomy ,commonly called the paunch ,needed one to withdraw the tummy on meeting sweet speices of the other sex ,or when taking clicks for posterity.

Other than this the change I could notice was an increasing amnesia  ,a trait I had carried  from my nubile thirties .
At times this was convinient and at others it was most troublesome .

I do remember the day I met a cousin couple of mine and as I was talking to them came a second friend
social etiqutte demanded my introducing the new comer to the cousiny couples ,and then trouble with a capital T began as I just forgot the new friends name ,strangely I remembered his wifes name ,and in the crux of that tongue tied situation introduced him as his wifes husband !

Roundly embarassing moment for all four parties considered .

Another advantage of getting over the middle of fifties was  the slight leevage given by younger colleugues .
No one objects you with force ,the punches are couched in velvet gloves , considering the diplomatic detente offered to seniors by Indian heritage .
In a crowded debate they let you off with a sigh at ones heated points ..age you see ..poor sod makes him talk like this !

And last but quite important though others feel you are advanced in age and need concessions fifty nine  is where one feels marvelously young and impish and ready to do all which one missed to do in younger years .
And the nubile desires dont think the same .
They just look at one with a sad poor old crazy romantic and his desperate antics .

But then its more fun at this age when one just sits on the pavilion to watch the fun knowing that your turn to go into the pitch is over

This goes by the name having the cake and eating it too

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive