Proud to be an Indiblogger

Saturday, October 12, 2019

Masala Times

Good Morning

To me ordering breakfast in a vegetarian hotel has never been a big deal for my choices are written in stone .
My family orders for me if iam still parking and tell the waiter...the strong coffee should come along with the dosa neither before nor after and ..please make it piping hot ....
The tons of masala dosas that would have contributed to the lard deposited in my body have done their bit to give me a smile for the day ,a small prize one pays for a big gift .
Good masala dosas are never dry nor dripping with oil .
They are just in the middle .
They are golden brown with a promising middle .
The edges to me should never be paper thin nor carpenter hard .
They need to Aishwarya Roy slim .
The filler potatoe masala should be blended smooth with right flavours and tinge of spiciness being very careful not to trip over the crevasse
It should rather sit on the precipe but never falling to doom .
The ghee should be smelt before tasted .
It should waft gently into our nostrils and stimulate the olfactory bulbs waking up the cerebral masala dosa centers (iam sure i have them ) and then a million suns bursts at the first succulent bite ..
The chutneys are always the side actors and can never replace the hero dosa and heroine masala .
My vada too needs to be in the right sense it cant be cold ,it should be warm ,with crusted exteriors and soft insides just like all good people are .

The best chutney to go with uzzhunu vada is the fresh coconut dry chutney not the watery liquid one .
The Coffee to me preferably south indian  filter coffee
I can settle for a Bru or a sunrise if well made .
Milk undiluted with enough coffee powder with just a spoon of sugar hot and scalding is my coffee
Any lesser version i frown upon
So thats it
Its always better to tell ones choices
Never know where my next masala dosa is from 😁

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive