Proud to be an Indiblogger

Monday, September 17, 2018

60 th birthday tributes

From wife
A man whom I have been with almost my entire life (met him when I was sweet sixteen πŸ’ƒ ) is turning sixty today !!! We have been lucky to have had a fulfilling life with a satisfying career , great friends and relatives and above all to have had the most loving parents siblings and children and I thank the Almighty for all that he has given us abundantly till date and pray it stays like this forever !!! I also hope we both stop our silly fights and behave more mature ( remember our children asking us when we are arguing to grow up and stop behaving like kids πŸ˜„ ) especially now as you turn senior citizen today So no more kids play my mighty senior 😜 Happy birthday mateπŸŽ‚


From my son Shyam and daughter Sruthi






A letter to my father on his 60th Birthday :-

Hi Acha,

It has been 60 years in your tortuous, but satisfying journey of life. You have achieved so much professionally and personally in this time. Life has not been a piece of cake for you, but that has not deterred you : Whether it was the loss of a father at the age of 12 ; having a mentally handicapped first child( Shilpa chechi) early in your married life ; or losing her at a young age. But it was these hardships that shaped your trajectory, by working hard in school to get into a medical college , or if it was starting a school for the mentally handicapped with amma. Life has thrown at you the toughest bouncers, but you knocked it out of the park in Dhoni style everytime.

For that we will always respect you

As a parent you have provided everything that as children chechi and I can ask for. Whether it is the best education possible in the best schools, or building our overall personality with different training classes be it in dancing, singing or football. You had even managed to keep us alive in the one year amma had gone to Hyderabad for a diploma course (although that was the year I was my naughtiest ). The time you spent in Dubai and Brunei working hard, living alone in a foreign country so that we can have a good education and standard of living. These are all just examples of sacrifices you and amma have made to ensure we have a comfortable life. I can never forget those days in my childhood, when at night I used to crave for jalebis, and you used to go out on your scooter and get me hot jalebis from a far away shop that closes late. For all these unconditional sacrifices you made and continue to make for us, sacrifices we can never comprehend.

For that we will always love you.

As a person you are the wittiest and fun loving person that I know of. Be it in your uncanny ability to make any situation humorous, allowing us to keep smiling. The voracious reading that you do(or maybe used to do) , has had an effect on us intellectually, be it the monthly national geographic and readers digest magazines that you used to make us read, or the myriad of books that we had at home. Your love for Kishore Kumar and AR Rahman songs has reciprocated in my taste in music , with my friends shocked at my perfect knowledge of the lyrics of old hindi songs. The biannual trips to various tourist destinations in India will always be in my memory. All these memories you have given us, and the skills you have inculcated in us:-

For that we will always be indebted to you.

Now it is your 60th birthday, where the central government classifies you a "senior citizen". The stereotypical senior citizen sits on his reclining chair with a hot chai and a grumpy look on his face. But my father is no stereotypical person. So go on enjoy this phase of your life - travel , read, write and have a few drinks. For you have had enough of a tough life full of responsibilities . It is time now for you to sit on a reclining chair on the beaches of Goa, enjoying the sun , while we as your children try to give back at least 10% of how much you have done for us.

The only difference is that I won't be bringing hot jalebis for you, but rather a cold glass of Malibu rum  , because as Ernest Hemingway once said:- " the only regret in my life was that I did not drink enough wine" .   πŸ˜œπŸ˜œπŸ˜œ

A happy birthday to you Acha.  😁

Your loving children
Shyam and Sruthi

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive