Proud to be an Indiblogger

Monday, November 29, 2021

Manhattan cocktail



Its minus 3 degree c in New york 

No snow or rain like in Clevland but the cold here was more bone chilling as the wind bores through.


Once when we went to Kedarnath temple the 17000 ft temple was colder and created a mild shortness of breath and headache due to altitude sickness .


Of course New york did nothing of that kind but to those used to warmer climates below zero are uncomfortable .


I had a ticket to go up the iconic Empire state building 

I reached the place after a brisk walk but was disappointed at the big line to enter .


As it was xmas and new year week a lot of Americans had made the trip too .


After feeling like being in Tirpati temple que as it grudgingly moved i thought of all the high rises i had climbed .

Kuala lumpurs Petronas tower 

Kuala lumpurs KL tower 

Sydney city tower

Hong kong victoria gardens 

Burj khaleefa in Dubai 

Viennas Danube tower


But they were all less crowded .

We reached 82 floor view which was awesome 

Then i joined a que thinking it was for coming down but was fooled when it went to 86 !

Once again I joined a que only to quit in time as it was going to 102 😁

finally i did descend but they cleverly routed us  through  a souvenuir shop .


Finally I did manage to come out to face a fresh blast of freezer wind .

I literally hid between buildings to escape the chill .

I had a couple of hours to kill .

Best place to beat the cold and spend time was a bar I thought ,and so I walked into a crowded Manhattan bar .


The bar had lot of highly fashionable men and women in cosy stylish overcoats and leather jerkins ,handsome men and women .

 Some were huge tall and muscular, some were fat with big bellies .


There were animated discussions , laughter ,and clink of glasses .


I slinked inside ,feeling tired and shabby in my huge overcoat ,muffler ,and cap but no one noticed me .


I sat on a table .


A waitress asked me what would you have Sir ?

I said I wanted a drink ,so she suggested maybe I could sit on the high stool in the bar itself !


So i perched myself in one almost feeling I was in a Hollywood film .


I imagined the black American next to me would shortly draw his weapon at the Indian who dared to sit near him .😏


But nothing like that 😁

They just were immersed in small talk and didnt even look at me 

Slowly i gained confidence and told the barman I would have a Manhattan cocktail with some nuts .

Yes sirr coming ..... he said .


He did the shakes with the ice and in minutes I was sipping the cold cocktail beating the heat and smiling for a picture taken by a by now friendly barman .


A warm glow suffused into me !πŸ˜‚









 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive