Proud to be an Indiblogger

Friday, May 07, 2021

Shangri La Dubai

 



One of the best hotels i stayed in Dubai was the Shangri la .

I still remember me driving to it and those days google maps were not available .
I had a Grasim but it wasnt updated to a changing Dubai .
Shyam was with me in my Camry and i knew it was close so i managed to exit the busy Sheik zayed road and come in a loop to reach the hotel i could see from sheik zayed road but with no entry directly .
But i was mistaken
The road just curved away from hotel and traced back to sheikh zayed road
Would i go in circles i panicked as i often did in Dubai having usually driven in more sober Al ain .
To my luck there was an empty construction sight with some lorries .
I managed to get into that and asked the Pakistani drivers how i go to the big hotel opposite side of road
One just said cross the road
Very clever
Bhaisaab we want to take our car
Oh ok
Then you go off road a bit reach junction again but instead of right go to left and there you have entry to service road which leads you to Shangri la
It worked
But all was forgotten in the luxury of Shangri la for two days .







No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive