Proud to be an Indiblogger

Friday, May 07, 2021

Dining Etiquettes

In these times of many food related vlogging one disgusting habit i find in many of them is using thier hands to pluck food from common plates ,or using same spoon after literally licking it ,or gobbling gooey rice with all sort of curries unceremoniously . Smearing in cheeks or dripping from mouth .
Yuccky .
Some bloggers from Kerala are well known for diping thier licked fingers repeatedly into common bowls or plates of gravied or roasted curries fishing out pieces with hand or same spoon even showing it to camera for us to partake
What a torture .
I find many in wedding buffets too eating with abandon giving no consideration to fellow diners .
Even if in a table where there is common big plate of Biriyani as seen in gulf one can take ones portion in a plate and use fork .
I know theres no need to imitate the west and i also believe using hand is more hygenic and even helps by touch sensation but in public I would still prefer a fork specially to eat say a fried rice or biriyani because etiquette too counts
it looks more pleasing and less revolting to fellow diners .
Iam also no expert in cutting with knife and using fork with both hands at same time and eating meat with bone using fork is difficult.
I compromise with taking meat piece using hand later wiping with tissue and eating rice with fork .
Of course traditional sit in sadyas we cannot and should not and cannot use fork but I am talking of buffets .
Generally I use my hand for roti sections first .The prescribed way is to dip roti into curry not touching the curry and putting it into mouth
One is also supposed to use only finger tips not whole hand or God forbid hands !
After rotis i wipe hands well using tissues and use fork for my rice section .
I know some will call me trying to do a brown sahib but i think of how unbecoming it looks to me when someone uses his hand to plunge into rice with dark liquid gravies and puts it into his mouth repeatedly !!
At times smearing it onto cheeks too !
At home without guests you can eat food with your toes too




 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive