Proud to be an Indiblogger

Friday, November 20, 2020

The Madras Medical College


 The Madras Medical College more than 170 years old churned out some of the best names in Indian Doctors .

This college inspired me to join medicine brcause no one misses it if living in Madras  bang opposite the Central Railway station .


The Medical exhibition it held was attended by many and a wide eyed high school student me was so impressed that I decided I would study here .


Though I did my undergraduation in Kilpauk medical college an equally legendary institution in Madras

 (ok Chennai ) did live my dream for my postgraduation in Radiotherapy in Bernard Institute of Radiology and Cancer in 1984 .


Finally I was in the hallow portals of the great college I dreamed of a decade back .


I walked and worked in its wards 

I sat in its lecture classes and ate in its messes late at nights on call .


But my daughter lived my dream in selecting MMC for her MBBS and lived in its hostel for all the five years and more .


Some places are like that .


They direct your life and are in your mind forever .

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive