Proud to be an Indiblogger

Sunday, March 27, 2022

Mezcal mother of tequilas






We had bought this Mezcal

 ( Tequila is Agave cactus made ..mexican drink ) 

Mezcal is the Mother of Tequila ,


yes the original Cactus drink of Mexico 

Today slowly being sold all over the  world as an exotic drink and becoming famous ,

Usually a dead worm is in bottle fattened on the drink called Gustav ,

You  can see it if u look carefully at picture .

Earlier it was a cottage industry in Oaxaca and there were plenty of Mezcal bars .


We bought one 750 ml bottle  in Oaxaca pronounced Wahaca a heritage town one hour by flight from Mexico city the mother of Mezcals as a novelty .


The brand BENEVA  we bought was a reputed one too and had a smart showroom to sell it .


We forgot that we had no check in ticket and we couldnt carry it as cabin luggage on return unless we pay ten times for on spot check in !

So on day of return we were bit anxious .


First  we tried bartering it to our airport drop Taxi driver as fare ,he just laughed at us 

Guys I am born and brought up with Mezcals Are you Indians trying to pass me off with one but he  just said 

no sir !!

As soon as we reached Airport wife even tried her sob story to a  security officer of  how we poor and old 

( senior citizen ..me ) Indians made a mistake and can we take it in for sake of Indo mexican detente .


Security man replied politely with no diplomatic inundoes 

No Madam no liquids beyond 100 ml


Wife was eyeing me with purpose

 Oh no 

Not that 😟🤔

I knew what she wanted 

She would asked me drink it off why waste it !🙄

My dear itsnt mineral water its 65 % 

W/V absolute alcohol !!!!


She knew that being a doctor herself but she was more a woman when it came to not wasting things !


You will need a stretcher for me I said 

I will be flatter than an iron !


So with that finalised we decided to throw away our prized Mezcal in a bin as no one seemed to want it !


It should have been Cochin many would grab it .


Suddenly we saw a sales outlet of the same brand in lobby .


I saw a couple trying to browse drinks there 

I said hello 

Looking for Mezcal 

I have one for a bargain !!


The man nodded and looked away 


I never thought I would become a bootlegger in distant Mexico at this stage of my life 🙄


The salesgirl was listening .


She asked me hello Sir if its our brand I know your problem dont worry leave it here I will give you a chit and you can collect a brand new one at our counter near Gate beyond security .


People do it all the time and we help our customers you see .


Oh my Mescal God

I couldnt believe it


So we did bring back the mezcal back .


 On a lazy sunday I had one peg on the rocks with my co brother

It was smooth not very bitter i didnt use salt or lime as with Tequila but with sprite .


Went in smoothly and with no percebtible effect then or later 

Maybe I needed more 


So thats the story of Mezcal the Mother of Tequila .

Ps .....the mutton Biriyani was made by yours faithfully

 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive