Proud to be an Indiblogger

Wednesday, August 02, 2023

Pubs in Cochin !

 

If there is one thing Kerala needs to learn its social drinking.
People here with exceptions think drinking is equal to binge drinking making fools of themselves and big mess getting into fights in smoky bars.
They do not know in many countries pubs are not crowded dance places with bouncers and girls dancing with young men on all kinds of stuff, its just a quiet place where one can sit over a drink for an hour or more watching people and having some food or meeting an old friend and to talk over a drink.
Being a tourist state Kerala needs to have such places.
Of course I am against driving even after one drink so one should either use public transport or Uber or have a driver
These days drive back apps are there too
Somehow that fun is not in Kerala where even people conclude one is a drunk to even write a post like this!
I recollect Kuala Lumpur which is a great city @ to me where I had a few days to kill and I would go to a roadside pub in happy hours nurse a mojito and get a marguerite for the same price have some burger and fries and keep watching as the busy roads run in front like a film.
Very few people were in the pub at that time and then I would walk back to my hotel
Another place I enjoyed was in New York in a Manhattan bar in frigid December where I sat on a high stool sipping a Manhattan cocktail.
With imposing black Americans standing around slit-gowned ladies in high heels and coiffured gentlemen in Levi's
I felt like I was inside a Hollywood film.
People there just leave you alone to have your fun without any hassles no moralizing crowds and the barman even clicked a picture of myself I remember thanking him and he told u r welcome sir enjoy your drink



No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive