Proud to be an Indiblogger

Monday, December 06, 2021

Air Hungry



Airlines food these days is going southside steadily .


Air Hungry 


Having travelled for around one decade almost every three months from 2006 I found it has been slowly turning mechanistic with its life lost .


Of course short hauls can be managed with lukewarm coffee and frozen butter but imagine cloistered in a steel bullet at 35000 feet ASL with nothing much to do for hours instead of looking forwards to the next meal .

Air Arabia , Fly Dubai ,Air Asia the low cost airline I spent money on , never gave you even water if you didnt pay for it .


 Though Air Asia did give piping hot Nasi biriyani and parotta chicken for a price.

 Cant blame if Tony 

( CEO Air Asia ) wants cash for what he gives but he delivers it good you see .


Now what about the hospital paid flights of Etihad ,Emirates,or Royal Brunei Airlines or Singapore Airlines ?


Emirates would win those days, rest were ok with RBA way down in the food I like ,

but they did go a long way to please my palate in getting me yoghurt I needed in the Dreamliner  Dubai BSB Flight from London .

Emirates B  class was classy with golden Champagne but the Michelin starred food left me hungry and looking at stars it was just uncooked sea food with fancy names and appearances ..plating they call it !


Man food is for eating however you plate it .


Forget the Lufthansa , United Ailines ,Cathay pacific  ,Qauntas  and the Mexican ,Swedish  Turkish ,ones their food is different man dont complain .


Thank God I have not travelled in JAL( Japan Airlines ) though I stayed once in a JAL resort in Fujairah ,fancy eating Sushi at those heights even down earth to me its a torture .


I left Air India for last .


It may have frayed carpets and aunties for hostesses but it serves wholesome hot comforting food almost like momma does later tucking you to a fitful sleep .

In the long Delhi Chicago flight once it brought me solace for the stomach .


But this time Houston Dubai Cochin

Emirates Airlines flight  gave a hungry me ( missed lounge in Houston Intercontinental Airport ) a cold meal of basmati rice with chicken from Siberia

 Frozen Butter from maybe Alaska some unfresh fruits and other unappetising fare .


The stewardesses gave us no choice telling only chicken left and for veggies paneer .

Agreed it was economy but it wasnt charity for the homeless

Emirates charges you for food too .

With no passenger even mumbling complaint and wife giving me threatening looks telling me you dont dare 

I did 

When it comes to food no threats can hold me back

I asked reasonably loudly .


You call yourself customer friendly  

You charge us for food ,

We have no choice in a 14 hr haul in the skies but to eat what you feed us .


But you say only chicken left , right in beggining and serve us unwarmed food its unfair isnt it ?


The hostess was bit stunned .


There was silence but nobody clapped .


Wife bit into her bun harder.


If a vote was taken then I would have got only my vote for myself .


She said what can i do ?


I said not much since you have nothing else .


So she kept quiet and walked on .


After some time her superior came Sir what do you want ?

I said warm food 

She said can I heat up one more serving with your choice of fruit juice .


I agreed as I had no plans to starve after I  paid for eating .

So she brought me warm tastier food

I told her this is what you should have done from beggining not after I ask .


She did see it was so till flight ended and even met me before we landed in Dubai for transit and said hope you are satisfied I said I  had no complaints .









 

No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive