Proud to be an Indiblogger

Monday, October 30, 2017

The making of an Idly

The making of the Idly

To me cooking is a pleasure
Its a conquest
Everytime the mistakes I make and finally achieving the sucess though not perfection is part of the joy .
I love to see how the curd I made has formed in the morning and am delighted every time I see a perfect solid Artic white curd with the  right sourness and with a smile I transfer it to the fridge .
The pleasure is even more than the eating and at times I think I  cook or make food more for the pleasure in it rather than the eating part .

The meticulous Basmati rice boiled to the exact cooked state and the aromatic curry and  layering for the dum and the slow wait with the reward that comes when I open the biriyani vessel and smell the heavenly ambrosia and give it a light mix and when my one more Biriyani is ready I love that moment .

I loved it the day I made a fluffy parotta with layers though that never lasted .
 The skill just sneaked away leaving me in disappointment !!

So was the time I could fry a crispy calicut style Banana chips but these days they flop like dogs ears too !

And another peak I wanted to conquer was the making of idly and dosa right from the raw matireals and not using the ready made dough .

 I managed to do it with the  help and instructions from my sister .my wife .my friend yuva in that order
Encouraged  to go ahead and google uncle of course and finally the lovely grinder my wife had kept here which I wouldnt even look at earlier .

So from the right mix of Boiled rice and Urad dhal which i bought from the Indian store in Gadong on a sunday morning  I foreplayed them with wetness and when they were soft to my seduction ground them well and let the soft mix overnight to bloom !
Just like a woman .
At 6am  I just couldnt resist to see if the dough had risen !!

Oh yes

It not only rose it bloomed ,out like a mini Tsunami and even spilled out of the vessel its soft frothy flavour filling me with a heavenly smell !

After tidying up I made reasonably soft idlis ,one imperfect dosa ,with some masala to go with  and freshly made  coconut dry chutney .
One more crown to dorn in my kitchen experiment
I could do it
😃



No comments:

Powered By Blogger

Blog Archive